Tier 1 Quarry Managers, as part of their practicing certificate requirements, are to be in possession of a statement of attainment in RIIERR601E – Establish and maintain mine emergency preparedness and response systems. This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor surface operations emergency preparedness and response procedures.
WHS legislation requires mines to have an emergency response principal control plan; with quarry managers being responsible for:
1. Planning, preparing and developing emergency preparedness and response systems;
2. Reviewing, updating and applying emergency preparedness and response plan; and
3. Applying emergency preparedness and response plan routine maintenance procedures.
1. Apply problem solving processes to identify risks, evaluate options and determine solutions;
2. Prepare specific information that complies with a range of regulatory requirements;
3. Convey information and requirements clearly; and
4. Identify and interpret relevant information from workplace procedures, documentation, legislation and regulations.
Curriculum is empty