A short course designed for candidates with knowledge and understanding of the use of explosives – typically already have their BEUL (Blasting Explosive User Licence) – and need to obtain this competency to renew and maintain their competencies. NSW Safework requires this Unit of Competency for applying or renewing your BEUL – refer to the NSW Government Guide for Blasting Explosives User Licence Applicants, Safework NSW, September 2019.
RIIBLA401E – Manage Blasting Operations
The course covers:
(1) Manage compliance with legislation
(2) Manage the storage, handling and transport of explosives
(3) Manage the implementation of blasting activities
(4) Manage Misfires
(5) Manage the disposal of explosives
(6) Manage maintenance of blasting equipment
To obtain this Statement of Attainment, candidates must successfully complete the required assessment tasks. This includes submission of evidence of two shots you have managed (either as a shotfirer or as an engineer as part of the design process) that includes at least one production firing.
Theory and practical evidence required to be submitted.
Our preferred and most sought after format:
* 2 day (2 x 8hr) format – class activities, assessment + underground (or surface)
* Discuss blasting scenarios – various situations, risks and controls regarding use of explosives
* Conduct an underground or open cut inspection and go through all phases of the use of explosives at your mine site
* Discuss and utilise your own site’s procedures and checklists for managing blasting
Curriculum is empty